Winding Transformers

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rblaisdell-at-juno-dot-com>

Has anyone here ever tried rewinding a variable current transformer i.e.
miller arc welder, to be a
High Voltage variable current transformer.  If I run mine in reverse I
should get 2500volts at a %$^~load of amps.
I am going to look around the scrap yards until I find a broke one with a
good core and current adjuster and maybe try and rewind it.
Does anyone see some major flaws in my plan?
I would like to get 12-15kv out with 240v in could submerge it to.
peace,
Ry