Re: Very thin Wire?

Original poster: "Steve Greenfield by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <alienrelics-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> > Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <Fucian-at-aol-dot-com>
> >
> > Hi, where can i find some magnet wire of around
> awg 34?

I bought a 10 pound roll for about $75, I think I got
it from Mouser.

Here are 1/2 pound rolls for $8.50. They only go down
to 32 gage, but that is still 2400ft.

> > Its for a low frequecy SSTC.
> >
> > Or whats a good PWM chip that can pulse at a very
> high frequecy?555's just
> > wont do it will they?

What would you call high? The TLC555 (CMOS 555) is
rated at something like 2.5MHz. I'm building one very
much like what you describe and I'm going to try using
one TLC555 as an adjustable clock, followed by another
TLC555 wired as a monostable for an adjustable PWM.

I thought it'd be cool to make it so I can also
modulate it with an audio signal so I can try a
singing Tesla Coil.

=====
Steve Greenfield               // Digital photo scanning, retouching,
Polymorph Digital Photography // and photomorphing to your specs.
253/879-0426 voice           // We use the best little computer in
polymorph-at-polyphoto-dot-com     // the world, the Amiga!
http://www.polyphoto-dot-com/  // Based in Tacoma, WA, USA