Spark lenght. (fwd)

Original poster: Tesla List Moderator <mod1-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 22:13:48 +0100
From: Kamil Kompa <tcmail-at-poczta.fm>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Spark lenght.

Hi!

I have wound my own transformer(2000VA), and I think it is about 11kV. I
have measured voltage on primary when secondary was connected to 230V, and
it was 4.5V. I have also measured spark lenght between two nails and it
was about 1,5cm. I have a table with spark lenght depanding on voltage,
but only between spherical electrodes (i dont have smooth metal spheres).
Can anyone using a 11kV transformer measure spark lenght between two wires
(about 1mm diameter)? If it will be also about 1,5cm I will be sure that
my transformer is really 11kV.  Thank You

Kamil Kompa

parkiecie! Wszystko o NBA. Zespoly, wyniki, statystyki.