Re: 6" spark

Original poster: "Shaun R. Phelps by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <shaun-at-visorloop-dot-com>

Thanks for the help all.

I have since made the RQ gap and connected a few more beer bottles.  Now I
seem to be getting about 1.5 feet sparks.   Not gonna be happy until I get
6ft sparks though ;-)  An MMC would be nice, but a bit too expensive for me
right now.

My girlfriend is not very happy with me though, as I ran this thing at her
house.  Mysteriously, a few minutes after I'd finished running the coil, her
fridge light popped, then her 2 of her living room lights popped.  Then....
her digital cable box stopped working (but later started again).  As if this
wasn't enough, even a couple of hours later, huge bright sparks came out of
a few light switches.  They didn't cause any damage, but they were pretty
startling.

I tried the flourescent tube glowing trick - that was awesome!  Although the
tube doesn't work anymore either.  Lastly, immediately after running the
coil, a 6 inch spark jumped from me to a nearby beer can.  Seems a bit much
to me to consider this coincidence.  Must have been the coil - maybe I
should consider protecting the lines ;-)

Cheers.

Shaun.