valve tubes

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hello All

To convert an x-ray transformer from DC to AC, I removed a full wave
rectifier consisting of four valve tubes and a large filament transformer
for the valve tube filaments. The x-ray transformer supplied two x-ray
tubes, so I also removed two smaller filament transformers for the x-ray
tube filaments. I want to reassemble the rectifier and place under
transformer oil to rectify the output of a 60 or 120 mA NST. Because x-ray
machines are short duty, will the valve tubes melt under long duty. Do I
have to worry about shielding the valve tubes for x-ray emission. The
transformer could supply an x-ray tube at 125kV and 300mA. I was thinking
that I could make a DC tesla coil supply.

Godfrey Loudner