Re: Wood mounts

Original poster: "Jason Petrou by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jasonp-at-btinternet-dot-com>

Kent,
>   A lot of the pictures that I have seen of Tesla coils have
> connectors, wires, bolts, etc. mounted on wood.
Are you sure? As far as i know most people use lexan or acrylic for things
like primary supports etc.

> Am I the only
> person that has had trouble with a carbon track forming inside
> the wood sorting things out?
No, hence the reason plastics are used.

> Do most people use a protective
> sleeve of some kind?
Generally I think that coil structure is made out of wood but the parts that
need to be insulation such as the primary supports are more usually plastic.

Best R,
Jason