Re: vacuum pump

Original poster: "R Heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-zialink-dot-com>

on 11/14/01 12:09 PM, Tesla list at tesla-at-pupman-dot-com wrote:

> Original poster: "Luc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <ludev-at-videotron.ca>
>
> Hi Godfrey,
>
> WOW! nice find I envy you ;-)) check this site:
>
> http://www.tiac-dot-net/users/shansen/belljar/
>
> I remember an other discussion place but can't find the link, may
> be it could ring a bell to someone: this site arrange discussion
> group on different subject they even try to have a group on tesla
> without success.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Luc Benard
>
> Tesla list wrote:
>>
>> Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>
>>
>> Hi All
>>
>> At a laboratory surplus sale I got hold of a new General Electric Millipore
>> vacuum pump for $20 that is rated at 1 HP and 240 volts. I want to use it on
>> high voltage projects. It has two nozzles, two gages, two adjusting screws,
>> and each nozzle is connected to a glass bottle. One of the bottles is filled
>> with oil and the other bottle has some sort of filter inside. Does anyone
>> know where I can go on the internet to find out how to use a vacuum pump?
>> All I can find are thousands of sales sites. There were no nozzles or
>> instruction booklet with the pump. I can immediately use it to pull a vacuum
>> on an x-ray transformer that I am converting from DC to AC output.
>>
>> Godfrey Loudner

I have tried to picture your pump and I don't understand 2 of everything
unless it is a double pump. I have several vacuum pumps, none like you. I
use traps on the input of all filter pumps to protect my pumps. I use felt
filters on my exhaust to stop oil spray. On some pumps that dont have oil in
the crank case I have an oil drip system to lubricate the input of the pump,
but no double gauges.
  Robert  H