Re: Coil costs $0.00? and $,$$$,$$$+++?

Hi Jeff,

I bet that $30,000 number will drop a few "amature's" jaws :-)))  "We"
don't have Bill Gates paying for nothin here!

You make a good point that many really expensive coils have a lot of cash
into "R&D" costs.  Its not just what you see in the finished coil but a lot
of money that went into the design and redesign stuff.  This is especially
true with very high power coils where there are no plans to follow.  You
have to make your own plans as you go.  Also "pro show" coils have all that
safety stuff and they "have to work the first time" factors involved.  You
can't go fiddle with the spark gap in the middle of the big show, so you
have to make the gaps and all as almost aircraft/medical quality parts.

The model 13 and electrum are defintily "up there" in cost.  As Jim
mentioned, Tesla probably has us all beat on the CS coil and that New York
project.  It is sort of interesting that the low end ($0.00) coil may be an
unclaimed "prise"!

I have no idea about Golka's coil.  Respectfully, it looked cheap :o))

Cheers,

	Terry