Re: Coil costs $0.00? and $,$$$,$$$+++?

Original poster: "David Sharpe by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sccr4us-at-erols-dot-com>

Will do Terry!  Also several additional details...

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/Tcoilexp.xls

1.  Got my FET's for the SSVariac project.  55V, 104A (IRF
     PN IRL2505).  Will have to make a double sided custom
     straddle clamp heatsink to support and allow busbar connections.
     Also downloaded a "very"  high speed optocoupler driver
     for unit from IR website.  Circuit will switch on or off in <1 usec!!!
2.  Neat new power IGBT's out.  In this months Electronics Products
     IR has several devices which are turning off in <0.3usec!!! and
     these are not chump <1A pieces either, 7.5hp (kVA) at 1.2kV.
     IRGPS60B120KD is optimized for 25kHz hard switch and
     IRGPS40B120UD is optimized for 50kHz hard switch.  Both
     devices super TO-247 Co-packs. ($8.32/10k available now).
3.  Project work has been very slow around here in the fall with
     my son playing college football and helping my wife with her
     chemo treatments.  Long term prognosis is good, just one more
     treatment.  Got a new vehicle to go tail-gating and long travel
     tho... traded my 95 conversion van in on an '01 Suburban.  Couldn't
     pass up 2.9% financing for 60 months... :^).  Comfy on long trips,
     and gas mileage for such a large vehicle is awesome (18+)!!!
4.  Got the urge to build a really small TC using a 5kV 60mA NST
     Will probably build 304TL coil with my other comrade-in-arms
     "ex-student".

Regards
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR
Chesterfield, VA USA