Funky Topload Ideas

The removal of the old washer and dryer from the GeekHouse basement required
the creative application of a SawzAll. We learned quickly that the rotating
drum in the dryer really wants to be the hub of a topload for our large
coil. I was wondering if anyone else had ever tried this. It's a nice smooth
barrel, lightweight and solid.

The topload for our 6" setup is actually suspended by construction twine
from the ceiling. we've had great success with this for several months and
the idea of hanging a topload is a good thing for us. It allows us to vary
the height and makes the coil more stable since the topload isn't balanced
on top. I'm wondering how many others have done this, and to what extent.
The idea of using a small car (preferably not Geek-3) as a topload suspended
by rope over a large coil would make an interesting finalle for the winter
Teslathon. any thoughts on this?

duck

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek