Re: Coil costs $0.00? and $,$$$,$$$+++?

I'm not sure we could compete in this arena as the vast majority of costs in
Group coils is covered by sponsorship. Most of the materials are donated,
including......

For the 6" series:
The coilforms
The Wire, and the prep-winding-coating of the coils (done by a professional
motor winding shop).
the Al Tape for the toploads
The Gap (from Marc).

For the 12" series (The Gemini Project)
12"ID PVC pipe, 20'
Wire (see below)

For the 23" series (Thor's Twins)
The UHMW (a 10'x4'x1" sheet)
The coilforms (12 55Gal drums (3 for each form)
The wire (1500+lbs of 12 and 16AWG High-Temp magnet wire for the 12 and 23"
series).

We get a LOT of our materials donated, but then on some parts we hae to
spend a fortune on materials. The MMC arrays cost over $400 in materials,
NOT counting the caps, resistors, and Lexan (all donated). We've never even
thought about factoring in labor, Mark spent 30+ hours soldering MMCs over a
weekend last year, and that was a small protion of the total labor.

We've also had quite a few coils and coiling assemblies donated, a total of
thousands of hours of member's work, including a complete table top MOT
coil, and half a dozen secondaries and primaries from Scott C. ranging from
4 to 8"dia. The Groups HV Labs and demos owe a lot to the work and
generosity of its dedicated members. Thank's guys! :)

Are YOU a member yet?

duck

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek