Moderator note.

Hi All,

As Winter kicks in (building season) and posting goes up, we get a lot of
subscribe and unsubscribe activity.  Here is how to do it.

To unsubscribe from the Tesla list, mail the word:

unsubscribe

to:

tesla-request-at-pupman-dot-com

If it does not work (sometimes it does not), write to chip-at-pupman-dot-com and
he will remove you manually.  "i" have nothing to do with this process so
if you send it to me, I just forward it to Chip.

If you feel a great emptiness in you life and need to resubscribe...  mail
the word:

subscribe

to:

tesla-request-at-pupman-dot-com

Also, as the number of posts per day goes up, keeping things right on topic
gets very important.  So please try to keep things pertinent and right on
the topic of "practical Tesla coiling stuff".  The record is 103 posts in
one day and the moderator gets real picky when the volume gets to those
levels ;-))  "i" probably let the vacuum pump and X-ray glasses things go
on to long... ;-)

Try to remove or "snip" off old parts of posts you reply to that are no
longer needed.  That helps to keep posts from growing in size beyond what
is needed.

File attachments are not allowed (they are, in fact, destroyed).  This
keeps bandwidth inline and protect against viruses.  Try to offer to send
the file to those that are interested or post them somewhere.  You can also
send the attachment to:

terry-at-hotstreamer-dot-com

and it will be posted to the directory at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/

Since the Tesla list should never send you a file attachment, if you ever
do see an attachment from the list, assume it is a virus or something bad
and delete it.  Some "local" mail systems may add local files, but you are
probably already aware of those things.

I try and keep the current list status posted at hot-streamer-dot-com .  So if
the mail stops, you can check to be sure it is "us" which it is 95% of the
time.  The status there is usually a 1/2 day behind and the status does not
refresh right at times...  But unless you were just goofing around with
your mail settings or something, it is probably a server problem here.  It
is very rare for someone to get removed from the list by accident.

Try to use spaces and such to keep the replies very readable and legible.
This helps the people reading the posts to stay sane %:o)

For the new folks:  The Tesla list is run from Chip's computer(s) cause
it's fun.  The moderator (me) "approves" the posts before they go out to
everyone to stop any goofy stuff.  The subject matter is strictly
"practical Tesla coiling stuff".  No profanity or mean stuff is allowed and
Chip and I can "clean your clock" if needed >:)  If I reject your post I
will tell you.  I sometimes cut off the Yahoo, Hotmail and other obnoxious
E-mail trailers just to save space...  The posts go out as plain ASCII text
so don't waste your time on fancy fonts and stuff.

It is nice if you go by some name or "handle" when posting so we know "who"
you are.  This helps us separate you from the other 900 folks to keep
things straight.

As always, be real nice to everyone.  Fortunately, that is rarely a problem
these days :-))

Cheers,

	Terry
	terrellf-at-qwest-dot-net