Re: pfc

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 11/21/01 8:36:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Not at all if your NST has it built in, as some do (for instance,
> Franceformer 15030 and 15060 don't, but 15030P and 15060P do).  I often
> wonder if people aren't throwing PFC's onto NST's that already have them
> internal.
>
>     - Bill Vanyo

Hi,
I believe that one way to be sure is to use a scope to check the phase angle
between input current and input voltage. Add capacitance as needed until angle
is minimized.
If no scope is available, use an ammeter on the input line. Run voltage up to
just before the gap fires. Then add capacitance a little at a time until the
current is minimized These methods should give the right amount, regardless of
what's inside the "black boxes".
Matt D.