RE: Transfomer quote w/out taps

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hi Ry

Suppose a transmission line is experiencing a voltage drop from 14,400 volt
to something less. Taps are provided to change connections with the primary
to give a consistent 120/240 volt from the secondary. Having taps or not
will have no effect upon your tesla coiling. In fact I would say that having
no taps is a better deal than having taps. Because of insulation problems,
having taps makes the transformer more prone to internal arcing.

Godfrey Loudner