Pink Plasma

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>

I had some fun with my mini coil today, creating pink streamers in a
jar.  Not that there's anything wrong with the blue/purple streamers
that we're used to, but a change is always nice.  I created a rarified
air/water vapor mixture in a pasta sauce jar and placed it on top of my
mini coil.  The result was delightful and I've added a photo to my mini
coil web page at:
http://people.ne.mediaone-dot-net/lau/tesla/minicoil.htm.  For those with
slow modems, just the single photo may be seen at:
http://people.ne.mediaone-dot-net/lau/tesla/minicoil_files/pinkstreamers.jpg

Photographing this in near darkness forced me to figure out the manual
focusing on my Olympus C3000 digital camera, and I'm happy to report
that it does work, despite being awkward.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA