Re: Broke Wire! Urgent!

Hi Patrick,

"I" would remove the coating with very fine sandpaper and splice it with
solder.  Go ahead from there.  I would splash a little extra polyurethane on it
when the coil is coated but it should be perfectly fine.  If it is near the top
of the coil, you may consider turning the coil over so the splice is near the
bottom where it will not matter nearly as much.

You can cover the splice with a thin plastic layer as from a piece of shrink
wrap or wire insulation but the polyurethane should do it.

Some people will file the wire at an angle to splice it, but with #28, you
would have to be an eye surgeon to get it right :-))

Don't worry, put the splice on the lower half of the coil and it will be fine.

Cheers,

        Terry