Re: SSTC probs

Original poster: "Jan Florian Wagner by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jwagner-at-cc.hut.fi>

>  Something to note for future experiments.  It is very hard (if not
>  impossible? I have not seen it done anyway) to get a nice,
>  frequency-adjustable 50% on, 50% off square wave from a 555 UNLESS it is
>  the CMOS version.

Actually it is very well possible! All you have to do is to buffer the 555
timer output (pin 3) with two transistors. Like in

 http://www.hut.fi/~jwagner/tesla/SSTC/half-bridge.htm

and exact 50% duty works like a charm! At any frequency in the range the
555 IC can handle.

 - Jan

--
 high voltage at http://www.hut.fi/~jwagner/tesla