RE: Possible transformer rewind?

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hello Rick

Well I don't see anyone else answering your question, and I made a big goof
the last time I answered someone's transformer  question. But I think I'm
right this time. There should be no problem with your 2.3" x 6.4" cross
section. It would be cosmetically nice if the cross section were square, but
that is not necessary. One benefit of stacking the two cores together is
that it will take fewer primary and secondary turns to reach 15 kV. Now you
will have more window space to fill with insulation. I believe that proper
insulation is the greatest problem in making homebrew HV transformers. I
indirectly know someone who is a retired transformer builder, and he has in
house training manuals for building HV transformers. But he won't let me
study or copy the manuals as he considers them to be top secret. I'm sure
they contain some interesting tricks of the trade.

Godfrey Loudner