math woes

Original poster: "J.R. Galen by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jrgalen-at-earthlink-dot-net>

I'm terrible at math, and worse at applying it.

I want to find the skin depth penetration of certain diameters of human body
parts in centimeters(thumb, chest) using a resistivity of 40 ohm-meters for
skin covered flesh and then 70 for open flesh, and using 10,000hz.

I've got the formula, but am having difficulty as I don't grasp it, and I've
seen two versions.  I'd much appreciate if someone (very patiently and as if
you were explaining to a sixth grader) could just map out in a formula where I
would plug in what, (and in what units) and how I can change the result to
centimeters?

I'd appreciate the help.  (This is not homework, I'm 43, and tesla fascinated
but inept.)

renee