Re: Pink Plasma

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 11/27/01 8:11:34 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> .  First
> got the idea from John Strong's wonderful book "Procedures in
> Experimental Physics", which describes what guys were doing at Caltech
> and other places in the late '30's.  In one of his illustrated figures
> he shows an ordinary glass jug, surrounded by no protection at all,
> sitting on the floor.  I would recommend this book to almost any home
> experimenter; it's full of valuable information on an amazing variety of
> things.  Lindsay sells a reprint for a very low price.
>
> Ed

Hi Ed,
It's a great book. I have the 17th printing (1952) by which time the author(s)
were listed as  Strong, Neher, Whitford, Cartwright & Hayward.
Matt D.