dielectric memory

Original poster: "Jeremy Sweeney by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ringmachine-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hello, me again :-)

Okay, this may be off topic, but I think it might be
relevant.  In dielectric memory, I’ve heard of people
experiencing the effect in absence of electrical
currents, magnetic and electrical fields.  Has anyone
ever studied the effect of temperature differences in
the capacitor?  There is something called the Sebeck
Effect (hope I’m spelling this right) where current
can be induced through a loop made from two wires made
from two different metals or semi-conductors by
placing one joint in a high temp. and the other in a
low temp. bath.  I’m thinking that somehow a reverse
EMF might be generated by this effect when taking the
unique properties of the resonance circuit into
account.  I know that dielectric memory happens in
anything with capacitance, but since it happens more
often with caps that come out of TCs, then I think the
nature of the tank circuit must lend some hand in
amplifying the effect.  High frequency, High Voltage,
High Current, and High heat all happen in a tank
circuit. (How many have had a cap fail or explode
because of heat or stress?)  Maybe I’m way off base,
but it just jumped into my head during my Math Methods
class.

Jeremy