From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2001 9:31 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: How much salt?

Original poster: "Bob Bozarth by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<jbdetails-at-prodigy-dot-net>

    I'm building SW Caps for the first time. I have researched the net quite
extensively, however I am unsure of the affects of the amount of salt in the
water. Most sites that I have been to say to put in about 5 tablespoons to
about 1 liter. It seems to me that you could put alot more than that. If so,
would it make the caps more efficient, or is a limited amount of salt to
water ratio sufficient?
    I thought of using machine shop chips to fill the bottle. I used to work
at a machine shop, and there was quite an abundant amount of very fine chips
of varied types of materials. (brass, mild steel, stainless , copper, etc.)
Bad idea? May be difficult to suppress corona, since oil won't float. Also,
what about rolling up thin spring steels small enough to fit through the top
of, for example, a beer bottle. With the spring steel being such a size that
it will expand to the outside. I might just be making more work than can be
accomplished with just salt water, but how can I be ridiculed on this list
if I never express my ideas? (grin).

    Thanks,
Bob Bozarth
Experimenter