Re: new Friend arrived

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com>

In a message dated 10/30/01 8:16:46 AM Central Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> I also got the same message from them, no transformers for Tesla coils. Do
> you know of another source?

All,

I ran into the same problem trying to obtain a pig last year. I had
already talked to one place that rebuilt them and was going to pick
up a 10 kVA, 14.4 kV pig for $250. Then when I was ready to actu-
ally go and pick it up, the man "chickened out" of selling one to
an individual. However, he pointed me to another transformer re-
manufacturer in the same town and said to call him. I did and
was able to obtain a 10 kVA pig within 2 days of ordering for
$270. I was able to go and pick it up with my pick up truck with-
out a problem. The man at this place did ask me what I wanted
with a pole transformer and I told him about Tesla coils and he
just shrugged his shoulders and loaded her on the truck :-)
This place was called Bowman & Bowman and was located
in Greenwood, MS. (I live in Memphis, TN, about a 2 hour drive
from Greenwood).

I have since pointed fellow TCML member (Un)Terry Oxandale (Lit-
tle Rock, AR) towards Bowman & Bowman and he has also picked
up a pig from them w/out a problem. I think Bowman & Bowman
mainly ships rebuilt trannies to utility companies in the southeastern
US, but I just drove down to the warehouse and picked it up (I think
Terry did it that way, too).

Anyone living in the SE U.S. who wants a pole pig may want
to give B & B a try :-)

BTW, my pig is still going strong since I received in March, 2000.

David Rieben