RE: Copper tube for Primary

Original poster: "Ted Rosenberg by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Ted.Rosenberg-at-radioshack-dot-com>

Patrick:
My coil also calculated out about 65 feet.
My son works in the Heat and Air industry and so I tried to locate 100 foot
rolls.
McMaster and Carr (http://www.mcmaster-dot-com) has them. But the cost plus
freight (plus time) to Ft Worth TX simply wasn't worth it.

So, instead I bought two 50 footers from my local Ace Hardware at about $12
each (approx) and, when it came time to join them, I inserted a 3/4" cut
section from a brass 10-24 machine screw as a "butt splice" and soldered the
screw in place using a small flame on a propane torch.

I then carefully filed and "steel-wooled" the joint. You really have to look
for it. It's clean and strong and was easy to thread in through the HDPE
supports.

My photo of the primary is at
http://www.flash-dot-net/~ford29/tesla/primary.jpg

Hope that helps.