Re: how to hold down primary

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 10/2/01 12:40:03 PM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Hello group,
>
> I needed to ask you how to hold down the turns of copper tubing.  I've made
> 8 supports with slots cut and drilled into them, then I lay down the tubing
> into the slots and volla, one primary.  But it doesn't lay flat enough and
> it wouldn't take much to jar it out.
>
> Any input would be appreciated,
> Thanks,
>
> Shaun Epp
>

> Shaun

,

I used waxed lacing cord on one primary and small plastic wire ties on
another.  Just drill small holes through the form under where the copper tubing
crosses and thread the ties through the hole and over the top of the tubing.
The waxed lacing cord looks better but after tying 112 knots, it makes lots of
cuts in your fingers.  The nylon wire ties are easier although they may degrade
and break from long term exposure to ozone.

Ed Sonderman