RE: Shocking Event

Original poster: "Ted Rosenberg by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Ted.Rosenberg-at-radioshack-dot-com>

Steve:
IF I ran a ground wire from the screen, considering it's distance to the
coil, wouldn't I take a chance, albeit a remote one, of drawing an
honest-to-goodness arc to the screen?
Actually, I am considering replacing the entire piece with nylon volleyball
net! (Tonight)

Safety First

Ted

Subject: Re: Shocking Event

Original poster: "S & J Young by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<youngs-at-konnections-dot-net>

Ted,

Yes, the screen was a near-field antenna and can have at least a few hundred
volts RF.  Rather than insulate it, I think it would be safer to connect it
to an earth ground.
--Steve