Re: chokes

Original poster: "Jon Tebbs by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jgtebbs-at-eos-dot-net>

Hi Greg,

I would like to urge you to read through these three papers by Terry Fritz:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyPapers/spark1/sparkgap.html
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyPapers/rcfilter/rcfilter.html
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyPapers/rlcfilter/rlcfilter.html

Terry presents some of the best data and waveforms that show what is
happening in the TC primary circuit. His analysis shows why it is a
really bad idea to use chokes. From an RF design standpoint, a lossy R/C
filter really is the best practical protection for NSTs.

Cheers,
--
Jon G. Tebbs
<jgtebbs-at-eos-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Mr Gregory Peters by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <s371034-at-student.uq.edu.au>