PFC - Reduction

Original poster: "Ted Rosenberg by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Ted.Rosenberg-at-radioshack-dot-com>

Hello all:
I recently realized that it is good to use PFC caps across the primary of
your NST to keep mains current draw under control.
The formula previously posted in the archives and the chart at
http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/NSTStudy.htm
gives me almost all the info I need.

What I seek is the relationship of using a certain PFC value of PFC such as
100µF (for a 15/60) across the primary and the actual amount of current
"saved."

Is this predictable?

If so, it will help me to determine if a multi-NST will blow the primary
breaker before I build the coil.
I am thinking of "how large a power supply can I safely build to run off a
20A standard breaker using PFC caps."

Thanks to all the theorists out there. I'm just a technician.

Safety First

Ted