Re: Urgent point of inquiry re: wiring conventions.

Original poster: "Troy Peterson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tpeterso-at-home-dot-com>

Greetings all

> Hi All,
>         I a not sure if this has been addressed before, but I have not
seen it
> as far as I can remember.
>         Do Tesla coils follow House wiring color code (White=neutral,
> Black/red=hot, green = ground) or do they follow the
Auto/Radio/Stereo/TV
> color code (Black=ground, red/white=hot, green= not as hot )?  Are there
any
> hard and fast rules? Do they vary with country? Does a portable(moveable)
coil
> have different rules than a hard-wired one?

<Snips>

Heh... Interesting this is something that I've never considered....
Personally I don't follow any conventions what so ever.... My wireing is
mostly red because most of the HV wire I have has red insulation, but I also
have blue, green, and black wires. In some cases I have two colors spliced
together..... _I_ Know how _MY_ coil system is constructed and I can
visually see where each wire goes and what part of the circuit it belongs
to. I realize this is very unsafe, especially if someone else were to work
on my system. I don't immagine that there is a 'standard' for tesla coils,
but maybe it would be a good idea to follow some sort of reasoning when
wireing a coil, especially one constructed or used by more than one person.

Regards,
Troy Peterson [VE7SOK]