From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Sunday, October 14, 2001 5:24 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Triggered gap tip

Hi J.B.,

If you used a motor "start" cap, they are not made for anything but very
short term occasional use.  They have very high loss (paper/oil) and thier
construction is based on "cheap".  Get extras :-)

A motor "run" cap is made for continuous placement across the AC line
drawing lots of current.  They will not fail (poly oil).  Although they are
very expensive, used and surplus ones go for a few dollars.  At this value
(~2uf) there are solid poly caps that would work fine too for ~$5 from like
DigiKey.

1uF	P10943-ND
2uF	P10944-ND
3uF	P10945-ND

Data sheet at:
http://www.maco.panasonic.co.jp/www-data/pdf/ABD0000/ABD0000CE35.pdf

Of course, buying them in quantites of "one" is sort of rough, so shop
around at the surplus places first...  But Digikey will FED-EX them "same
day" if you really want one bad :-)))

Cheers,

	Terry