Re: Control panels safety questions

Original poster: "G by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bog-at-cinci.rr-dot-com>

If your high power contactor has an auxiliary contact, it is possible
to do this without another relay. Just wire the aux contact to hold
the coil energized after the start switch is depressed, and use a
normally closed stop switch to momentarily interrupt the control
power to the contactor coil. Perhaps this will help keep expenses
down. Of course with this setup the handheld control will be carrying
line voltage as opposed to 24 volt or whatever.
Gregory