Re: Triggered Gap & NST

In a message dated 10/19/01 2:15:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

Bill,

In most of the cases I've heard of, the TSG's are used with NST's.
As you've surmised, Marc's TSG design is both synchronous,
and can be phase-adjusted for best results.  I've never heard that
TSG's should not be used with NSTs, but in any case that's wrong.
TSG's are very well suited to NST use.  I don't think much work
has been done with TSG's at higher powers, such as using PT,
or pig power.  It is possible that a strong air blast may be
needed for the TSG at such higher power levels.

One of these days I'll get around to building a TSG and testing
it on my TT-42 coil.

Cheers,
John