RE: Coupling & tuning

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <couturejh-at-telocity-dot-com>

Weazle -

Thank you for sending me your coil's parameters. Go to my site and enter the
following. The site is at

    www.mgte-dot-com

Click on "TESLA" then "JHCTES"

Spiral type
Cp = .0258
Rp = 5.3 inches
Width of turns = 4.5
Sec rad = 2.05
Turns   = 800
TPI     = 37.00
Sec Hgt = 0.0
Sec Term = 29.18
Press "Calculate"

You will get these outputs and more -
Oper Freq KHz = 243.05
Mutual Induc  = 83.57
Coupling K    = 0.191
and other outputs that are close to what you show.

There are several tests you can make that should give you the above outputs.
If the test Oper Freq is not 243 KHz the Sec Term input of 29.18 pf may be
incorrect. The mutual Induc and Coupling should be close to the above. Let
me know if you need more info.

John Couture