Rotary gaps...

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rblaisdell-at-juno-dot-com>

I know alot of people are going to triggered gaps, but I got some
questions on rotary gaps.

We aqcuired a 3600rpm synchronous motor we have 8 flying electrodes and 2
stationary ones.  Giving us 480 breaks a second.
Ok.  We are using ywo 15/30's and an approximately .012uf 30kvac  homeade
cap.  My question is, is it better to have this many bps or less or more.

How have some of yall done the phase adjusting tests.  i.e. the
flourescent tube and a white line across the disk holding the flying
electrodes.

BTW we calculated that the flying electrodes are movin at 107mph,
or 156 feet per second.  This thing sounds and looks neat.

I plan on getting pictures on my webpage soon.  Too bad we did not get
chronological pictures only the end results.

thanks,
Ry