Re: Fly Killers into Tesla Coils?

Original poster: "Jason by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jasonp-at-btinternet-dot-com>

Matthew,

> This thing can deliver enough instantaneous current to fry a fly but I
> doubt that, on its own, it would be enough to drive anything serious.
> However, a) these could be built into banks (and shouldn't be too
> expensive) and b) I would guess that the larger ones seen in shops may
> have meatier transformers.
Generally speaking (in fact practically speaking) it is the plama arc that
kills the fly, not the current. If you hooked up enough of these in apralell
then im sure that it would work - aparrently its been used before. Keep in
mind the current is only about 5mA though.

Good luck,
Jason