RE: JHCTES Programs was (15" coil project)

Hi John,

At 03:28 PM 10/23/2001 -0700, you wrote:
snip

>It is interesting to note that the Ver 3.1 can be a sort of empirical
>program because the sec term capacitance input can be changed to agree with
>the actual test capacitance by adjusting the pf so the actual operating
>frequency shows in the outputs. You might call this instant empirical
>processing. I think that Terry's ETesla6 program is based only on
>theorectical equations but he may have modified the program because it
>apparently gives very good results for the sec term.

E-Tesla6 now uses empirical curve fitting from data.  However, that data
was gained from other computer models which are purly theoretical (Paul's
TSSP) :-))  So no "real" test data is ever used or relied upon.  But I
guess it uses empirical data from other models ;-))  The good thing is that
no matter what program or method one uses, the results are all the same, at
least, now days :-))

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Programs/Programs.htm

Cheers,

	Terry