Re: LTR question

Original poster: "Luc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ludev-at-videotron.ca>

Hi Steve,

You're right this resonance do not apply to primary circuit, but
on the NST-cap couple. You could use a resonant cap size with the
NST but if you don't have a spark gap conduction at the right
moment, the voltage in your cap-NST could go really high and
could destroy both your caps and NST. It's a common practice to
used a LTR cap size to prevent this effect.

Cheers,

Luc Benard