fun epoxy things

Original poster: "Matt Skidmore by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <fox-at-woozle-dot-org>

if you have a home depot, they sell a nice 2 part epoxy in cans for about
$20 and ive been using it to coat my secondary.

i had a good bit of epoxy left after caoting my coil and i was trying to
think of something to do with it. and it came to mind that blowing a
balloon and then coating that with epoxy a few times would leave me with
an oddly shaped globe. after a few coats, saw the botton peice off (where
the knot in the balloon is) and work a rod with a metal ball at the end
into the middle of the sphere. and with a bit more work you could epoxy
that rod permanatly onto the globe. then you have a large plasma globe as
seen at radio shack for your tesla coil. i would have already started
working on such a beast but i didnt have any balloons laying around. and
the unused epoxy became a sculpture with two baby food jars and a
toothbrush sticking straight up.

im trying to think of some other good ideas to do with epoxy. just
wondering what you all might come with.

-matt