Re-evaluating Secondary size

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Kidd6488-at-aol-dot-com>

Ok, I picked up the piece of PVC that I was planning to make my secondary out
of.  Yes, It was dirty, and cut unevenly, but I was going to clean it up. Then
I thought, "PVC isn't that expensive, why not get a brand new piece?" So that
left me with a choice, stay with 4.5" or should I go up to 6"? The wire I have
is #20, and a 4.5" would only be around 800 turns max. With 6", I could get
more turns without exceding the H/W ration limit. My question is, Would this be
ok for my setup: ?

12/60 Franceformer

.017uF MMC             or later,          .034uF MMC
static multi-gap                              Marc's tgap

.25" flat spiral pri.

I haven't put much thought into the toroid yet...

Thanks,

Jonathon Reinhart
hot-streamer-dot-com/jonathon