Re: LTR question

Original poster: "R Heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-zialink-dot-com>

on 10/28/01 8:53 PM, Tesla list at tesla-at-pupman-dot-com wrote:

> <PeterCGMN-at-aol-dot-com>
>
>> Any capacitor in
>> combination with an inductor will form a tank circuit which will resonate at
>> a frequency determined by the values of the L and C.
>
> I hear the terms "L and C" a lot, But being new to the world of electronics I
> haven't the slightest idea to what they mean. Would anyone be kind enough to
> help me out?
>
> 73, Kc0Ion,"Ion-Boy"
>
> P.S. I know I'm full of questions but all of your answers help me a lot!

L inductance , a magnetic caricteristic value formed any time a current
carrying wire is coiled. C capacitance, any time two or more conductors are
separated by an insulator a capacitor is formed. The value is in farads, but
this value is very large, so fractional values are used such as ufd which is
1/1000000 of a farad.
     Robert H