Re: Pole Pig problem

Original poster: "Daniel Hess by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhess1-at-us.ibm-dot-com>

If it comes down to a dialogue with your electric utility company just tell
them you're installing an arc welder which (in your case) requires a 70
amp, double pole breaker. They will not so much as raise an eyebrow. Most
electric utility companies would be more than happy to review your service
capacity although whether they'll make upgrades (if required) depends.

Same thing at the electrical/home builder supply house. I tell them I need
to install an (70) amp branch circuit for an arc welder and they fix me
right up with materials, recommended wire gauges, advice and so on. Tell
them it's for a Tesla Coil project and they're lost.

Regards,

Daniel

"Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> on 09/01/2001 12:39:22 PM