Re: The Geek Group Slingshot Resistor

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Hollmike-at-aol-dot-com>

Yeah,
   When rubber is stretched, the molecules become aligned, which decreases
the entropy as the expense of work.  Heating stretched rubber tends to
increase the entropy, which causes the molecules to revert back to a more
chaotic state, which will increase the tension.  This could prove disastrous.
Mike