Q about E-tesla-6

Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Peter.Lawrence-at-Sun-dot-com>

Terry,
      I've started using E-Tesla-6, and have read your short overview about
it but I have some questions about its design.

I think I understand how the electric field is computed at any point (the sum
of the electric fields from the charge at many individual points for all the
TC "parts"), but how is the distribution of charge on a toroid computed - do
you assume it is evenly distributed over the entire surface of the toroid plus
the center plate, or is there an iterative method to determine the charge
distribution, or is there a known formula?

I am wondering both to understand E-Tesla-6, and because I would be interested
in knowing how an "exact" formula for the free-space capacitace of a toroid
could be determined, I've seen the derivation in physics books for a sphere,
but never anything more complicated.

thanks,
Peter Lawrence.