Re: Newbie Coiler has NST questions

Original poster: "Michael Rhodes by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rhodes-at-fnrf.science.cmu.ac.th>

My coil was designed around a 15kV 30mA NST and the complete
design specifications and construction sequence can be seen at
http://www.fnrf.science.cmu.ac.th/tesla/index.html

Also the design program I used that will help with the 'optimums' is at
http://www.fnrf.science.cmu.ac.th/tesla/downloads.html

At 11:31 14/9/01, you wrote:
>Original poster: "Patrick Bloofon by way of Terry Fritz
><twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <transactoid-at-home-dot-com>
>
>----snipped-----
>
>Phew! One more! I will be using a 15kv 30ma unit......kind of an open ended
>question, but knowing this, what is the "best design" for my coil? (ie,
>secondary length/width, wire guage, # of turns, primary details, caps, etc.)
>
>Thanks a lot! I'm really excited about getting this coil going
>
>Patrick.

   Michael Rhodes
   Senior Researcher
   Fast Neutron Research Facility