RE: GE Transformer ???

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hi Ry

They are potential transformers. If you apply 120 volts to the secondary,
you will get 4200 volts on the primary side. With series phasing of the HV
sides and center grounding, you make a 8,400 volt supply with over 100 ma of
current. The rating of BIL 60kv means that the insulation can withstand a
short duration 60kv pulse. I am making a guess that BIL = breakdown
insulation level. AMB stands for ambient. 750VA-at- 30c AMB means that the
transformer is designed to operate continuously at 750 watts with air
temperature of 30 degree centigrade = 86 degrees F. As the ambient
temperature rises, the operating level in watts drops. You have a nice find.

Godfrey Loudner