Re: Tesla Coils in Practical Applications

Original poster: "harvey norris by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <harvich-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> Original poster: "CJ Moore by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <wizard1234-at-home-dot-com>
>
> I know that while there has been a great deal of
> research in Tesla Coils,
> has anyone found any real practical application for
> these devices? (besides
> testing aircraft)
Induction heating of metals by high frequency currents
probably qualifies as the most direct practical
application of the principles invloved with a tesla
coil. Check out the library to see if they have
anything under induction heating.

The reference book I have seems very technical, maybe
a little beyond high school preparations. It is titled
Induction Heat Treatment of Steel, apparently
copyrighted by The American Society for Metals. HDN

=====
Binary Resonant System  http://members3.boardhost-dot-com/teslafy/

http://dailynews.yahoo-dot-com/fc/US/Emergency_Information/