Re: Microwave Oven Bananza

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <BillEaver-at-aol-dot-com>

OK let us all do something to help those in need in these recent times of
crisis. Blood, money, encouragement, faith, etc. And lets give the GOOD
stuff away, not the junky things we don't need. ( I'm working on myself
here also.)
      Now on to the junky things. If you have been building coils on any
kind of budget like me you most likely have used all kinds of M-wave
parts for shielding, structural assembles, wire, fans, elements, fuses,
belts&pullies, etc. The thing is that some might not know how to get at
some of these things in an easy way, like the X-former that you might
have many of already can be used for a ton of things as they are or with
a slight ajustment/change. My ritual with some smaller X-formers is to
bring the unit to work and saw the fine wired secondary winding off with a
band saw, being very careful not to nick or cut the pri-winding with the
band saw after you go through the secondary. Now with a straight punch
you knock the wire out of the winding window and after cleaning this up
a bit you have a nice 120VAC X-former that you can wind any kind of
voltage/current that will fit through this same winding window. You can
wind 1 turn or less of # 3 wire and use this set up to gauge your current
to ground on the "big coil" or plug the same X-former in for .5VAC -at- 100
amps and spotweld something etc. Lots of things to do with
components from the board/clock too! Here is a good tip to keep your
garage and home pest free from someone else's M-wave oven. Sad to say
that some folks are not too cleanly or sanitary with there food and
cooking practices. It's best to heat all food covered, in the M-wave and
for those who don't you get thick grease packed up on all the walls and
it attracts Roaches and other nasty bugs that eat this junk. It is best to
treat all M-waves as roach wagons and put the M-wave in a large plastic
bag so that you can poison the living things that harbor in between the
nooks and crannies where they hide. (I light an old fashioned sulfur candle
on a steel cookie pan and shut the door and seal the plastic bag with
tape.) Hope this helps some of the new folks. Enough for now!

Denis Despins
KC6TRW