Re: transformer question

Original poster: "Carlo Latasa by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <carlo23-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Computer monitors have the same circuitry as a TV as far as a Flyback
Transformer
it's drive circuitry. The result is a High Voltage output that varies any
where from
15kV to 35kV depending on the size of the screen. The output signal is not
really a
sinewave and therefore has many other higher frequency components, but the base
frequency is usually on the order of 20-60kHz. I would imagine the current
capability to not be much more than 100 micro amperes. Keep in mind that is
usually
best to remove only the flyback transformer and the drive transistor (if
you can
find it now-days) then create your on drive circuit.

Have fun,

Carlo-