Primary cap

Original poster: "Johnson, Jeffrey D -at- PWC by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jeffrey.d.johnson-at-l-3com-dot-com>

Hi,
I've seen two configurations for the TC primary: 1) spark gap across the nst
secondary with TC primary cap in series with TC primary to the right of SG,
2) cap across nst secondary, followed by SG in series.  Is one better than
the other.  I read that having the SG in parallel provides a safety gap at
the same time.  Should the primary cap be matched to the nst secondary?
Only if it's in parallel?  If in series, do you not worry about matching the
nst secondary impedance?  One last question.  I've seen some stuff about LTR
caps.  Are these used to keep from having 60Hz resonance with the nst?  Many
concepts in need of tying together here.
Thanks....

JJ - slc