Re: New Person here...

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 9/19/01 10:48:17 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Greetings from Atlanta Georgia, I am Robert Evan Teet.
> To make a long story short, I was at a Convention around here and saw a
> Tesla coil in action and became an addict and now believe i have enough
> information and understanding of the devices to build one. So with that in
> mind, is there anyone here willing to teach a Tesla Neo-Phyte the places
> online to get parts for a relatively low price. Im a college student if that
> helps you understand the price concern here. Also, if theres anyone willing
> to help me with the design aspects for a relatively "small" (when i say
> small i mean 8 inch sparks, as opposed to the one online i saw at
> http://www.ttr-dot-com/model13d.html ) ;)
>
> Thank you in advance and i look forward to meeting you.
>
> Robert Evan Teet

Hi Robert,

      Greetings from the hills of "Westbygodvirginia". There are many coilers
across the USA, Europe. Australia, S. America, S.E. Asia etc. etc. Interests
range from just making big sparks, to special effects, to serious efficiency
studies and improved control systems, to reproducing some of Tesla's original
designs and experiments, to studies of extreme ionization, to Tesla coils as an
art form, to the "pseudoscience. fringe" of "free energy", "miracle cures", and
UFOs, and just about everything in between. Of course, not everyone is into all
aspects of Coiling, but there are plenty around.
      Tesla coils have been built at every level of financing from
total-scrounge to multi-million$. Warning! a Tesla coil creates a time and
money vortex. It is much more addictive than a boat, a classic car, or a model
railroad. (I have far more invested in instrumentation and test equipment than
in my basic coil, and we just completed an $8K addition to our garage to make
adequate Lab space) That said, there are many here willing to offer help,
guidance and more opinions than you ever wanted.

Cheers,
Matt D.